Links & Other Swims
- Vancouver Beaches
- Masters Swimming Association of BC
- Pacific Northwest Association of Masters Swimmers
- USMS Long Distance Calendar
- Fastlane swimming at Kits Pool with KC Emerson
Marathon Swimming Links
- Marathon Swimmers Forum
- English Channel Swimming Association
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation
- Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association
- Solo Swims of Ontario
- Lake Ontario Swim Team
- NYC Swim
Sea Hiker is dedicated to helping you swim with confidence so you can swim better than ever.
Sea Hiker swim coaches break complex skills down into simple steps so that you can practice knowing you’re on the right track and see results quickly.
Courses are open to new swimmers, triathletes and water enthusiasts of all levels, from beginners to marathon swimmers. For new triathletes and open water swimmers, check out Sea Hiker’s popular 6-week Open Water Confidence course, starting in mid-June and again in early-August. There are also courses for more experienced swimmers wanting to hone their skills in open water and pools courses in the fall, winter and spring.
For over five years, Sea Hiker has helped swimmers of all abilities swim with ease and achieve their goals, both in the pool and open water.
Start swimming with confidence. Join us in the water today!
West Point Multisport is a Triathlon Store located at 3780 West 10th Ave in Vancouver. They sell and rent wetsuits from Huub and TYR. They also have a vast selection of swim equipment, triathlon products, and nutrition in stock at all times.
If you’re looking to rent a wetsuit, a bike case for travelling, or race wheels for your next race, give them a call at 604.569.1102, send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop by the store and let their knowledgeable and experienced staff help you find the best products to suit your needs.
- Interior Savings Across the Lake Swim (2.1km) Kelowna, BC – July 20, 2013
- Sea Cavalcade (1 mi) Gibsons, BC – July 28, 2013
- Thetis Lake Swim (800m, 1.5km, 3km, 5km) Victoria, BC – July 28, 2013
- RattleSnake Island Swim (3.1km, 7km) Kelowna, BC – August 10, 2013
- Lake Windermere Open Water Swim (2km, 5km) Invermere, BC – August 11, 2013
- Qualicum Beach 56th Annual Ocean Mile Swim (1 mi) Qualicum Beach, BC – August 11, 2013
- Kelowna Apple Open Water Swim Invitational (1.5km, 5km) Kelowna, BC – August 16 & 17, 2013
- Coho Swim (1.5km, 3km) North Vancouver, BC – September 8, 2013
Pacific Northwest & Alaska
- Fat Salmon Swim (3.2 mi) Seattle, WA, USA - July 20, 2013
- Portland Bridge Swim (11 mi) Portland, OR, USA - July 21, 2013
- Change Your Latitude (1km, 5km, 10km) Sitka, AK, USA – August 3, 2013
- Pennock Island (13km) Ketchikan, AK, USA – August 4, 2013
- Emerald City Open Water Swim (½ mi, 1 mi) Seattle, WA, USA – August 17, 2013
- Park to Park Swim (1.42 mi) Seattle, WA, USA – August 25, 2013
- Whidbey Adventure Swim (1.2 mi, 2.4 mi) Langley, WA, USA – September 14, 2013
- Last Gasp of Summer (1 mi, 2 mi) SeaTac, WA, USA – September 21, 2013
- Golden Gate Sharkfest Swim (1.6 mi) San Francisco, CA, USA – August 31, 2013
- 11th Annual Alcatraz Classic (1.5 mi) San Francisco, CA, USA – September 28, 2013
- The Big Swim (14km) Northumberland Strait, PEI / NB – August 4, 2013
If you are aware of any other local or interesting open water swims please contact us so they may be included.
Third Annual Salish Sea Swim
Saturday, August 11, 2012
It will leave from Davis Bay on the Sunshine Coast on the morning of Saturday, August 11, 2012.
Our exact route has not been chosen yet. Last year, the route was the same as the first swim, with a small adjustment on the landing to near Neck Point at Piper Lagoon, Vancouver Island, with a bit more shelter and ever so slightly shorter.
For those of you interested in taking part in this 35km swimmer challenge, we will be organizing for this year’s swim starting in early March. We will be working hard to keep the costs reasonable.
Solo swimmers will need a boat and a spotter and relay teams a suitable boat and spotter also. We will provide a safety boat and notify the appropriate authorities (coast guard etc.) as we did last year. We can assist in providing local escort boats if required.
If you are interested in participating in this event or know any other open water swimmers who may be interested please forward this link to them. Then drop us a quick e-mail to confirm your interest in participating.
It cost us about $100.00 per swimmer for relay teams of 3-4. Solo swimmers about $100.00 also, but this would not include the cost of the escort boat.
We can help organize relay teams if required.
For an account of this incredible swim – the same distance as the famed English Channel swim – from VOWSA’s very own Jim Close, please click here.
One of last year’s Salish Sea Swimmers