Links & Other Swims
|The Pacific Spirit Triathlon Club is a volunteer-driven non-profit society in Vancouver, B.C., dedicated to promoting our sport and helping our members to achieve their triathlon (swim, bike, and run) and duathlon (bike, run) goals.|
- Vancouver Beaches
- Masters Swimming Association of BC
- Pacific Northwest Association of Masters Swimmers
- USMS Long Distance Calendar
- Fastlane swimming at Kits Pool with KC Emerson
Marathon Swimming Links
- Marathon Swimmers Forum
- English Channel Swimming Association
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation
- Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association
- Solo Swims of Ontario
- Lake Ontario Swim Team
- NYC Swim
Sea Hiker is dedicated to helping you swim with confidence so you can swim better than ever.
Sea Hiker swim coaches break complex skills down into simple steps so that you can practice knowing you’re on the right track and see results quickly.
Courses are open to new swimmers, triathletes and water enthusiasts of all levels, from beginners to marathon swimmers. For new triathletes and open water swimmers, check out Sea Hiker’s popular 6-week Open Water Confidence course, starting in mid-June and again in early-August. There are also courses for more experienced swimmers wanting to hone their skills in open water and pools courses in the fall, winter and spring.
For over five years, Sea Hiker has helped swimmers of all abilities swim with ease and achieve their goals, both in the pool and open water.
Start swimming with confidence. Join us in the water today!
West Point Multisport is a Triathlon Store located at 3780 West 10th Ave in Vancouver. They sell and rent wetsuits from Huub and TYR. They also have a vast selection of swim equipment, triathlon products, and nutrition in stock at all times.
If you’re looking to rent a wetsuit, a bike case for travelling, or race wheels for your next race, give them a call at 604.569.1102, send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop by the store and let their knowledgeable and experienced staff help you find the best products to suit your needs.
- Interior Savings Across the Lake Swim (2.1km) Kelowna, BC
- Sea Cavalcade (1 mi) Gibsons, BC
- Thetis Lake Swim (800m, 1.5km, 3km, 5km) Victoria, BC
- RattleSnake Island Swim (3.1km, 7km) Kelowna, BC
- Lake Windermere Open Water Swim (2km, 5km) Invermere, BC
- Qualicum Beach 56th Annual Ocean Mile Swim (1 mi) Qualicum Beach, BC
- Kelowna Apple Open Water Swim Invitational (1.5km, 5km) Kelowna, BC
- Nanaimo Ocean Swim (2km, 11km) Nanaimo, BC
- Coho Swim (1.5km, 3km) North Vancouver, BC
Pacific Northwest & Alaska
- Fat Salmon Swim (3.2 mi) Seattle, WA, USA
- Portland Bridge Swim (11 mi) Portland, OR, USA
- Change Your Latitude (1km, 5km, 10km) Sitka, AK, USA
- Pennock Island (13km) Ketchikan, AK, USA
- Emerald City Open Water Swim (½ mi, 1 mi) Seattle, WA, USA
- Park to Park Swim (1.42 mi) Seattle, WA, USA
- Whidbey Adventure Swim (1.2 mi, 2.4 mi) Langley, WA, USA
- Last Gasp of Summer (1 mi, 2 mi) SeaTac, WA, USA
- Golden Gate Sharkfest Swim (1.6 mi) San Francisco, CA, USA
- 11th Annual Alcatraz Classic (1.5 mi) San Francisco, CA, USA
- The Big Swim (14km) Northumberland Strait, PEI / NB
If you are aware of any other local or interesting open water swims please contact us so they may be included.
Salish Sea Swim
The Salish Sea (Georgia Strait) swim is a 35km marathon swim from Sechelt BC to Nanaimo BC.
For an account of this incredible swim – the same distance as the famed English Channel swim – from VOWSA’s very own Jim Close, please click here. A news article from the 2010 crossing can be read here.
MSABC also keeps records of marathon swims, including the Salish Sea Swim, at their open water page.