Links & Other Swims
Other Open Water Swim Events:
- Interior Savings Across the Lake Swim (2.1km) Kelowna, BC – July 20, 2013
- Fat Salmon Swim (3.2 mi) Seattle, WA, USA - July 20, 2013
- Portland Bridge Swim (11 mi) Portland, OR, USA - July 21, 2013
- Sea Cavalcade (1 mi) Gibsons, BC – July 28, 2013
- Thetis Lake Swim (800m, 1.5km, 3km, 5km) Victoria, BC – July 28, 2013
- Change Your Latitude (1km, 5km, 10km) Sitka, AK, USA – August 3, 2013
- The Big Swim (14km) Northumberland Strait, PEI / NB – August 4, 2013
- Pennock Island (13km) Ketchikan, AK, USA – August 4, 2013
- RattleSnake Island Swim (3.1km, 7km) Kelowna, BC – August 10, 2013
- Lake Windermere Open Water Swim (2km, 5km) Invermere, BC – August 11, 2013
- Kelowna Apple Open Water Swim Invitational (1.5km, 5km) Kelowna, BC – August 16 & 17, 2013
- Coho Swim (1.5km, 3km) North Vancouver, BC – September 2013
- Sharkfest Swim Series (Multiple distances) Multiple locations (USA & Mexico)
If you are aware of any other local or interesting open water swims please contact us so they may be included.
Third Annual Salish Sea Swim
Saturday, August 11, 2012
It will leave from Davis Bay on the Sunshine Coast on the morning of Saturday, August 11, 2012.
Our exact route has not been chosen yet. Last year, the route was the same as the first swim, with a small adjustment on the landing to near Neck Point at Piper Lagoon, Vancouver Island, with a bit more shelter and ever so slightly shorter.
For those of you interested in taking part in this 35km swimmer challenge, we will be organizing for this year’s swim starting in early March. We will be working hard to keep the costs reasonable.
Solo swimmers will need a boat and a spotter and relay teams a suitable boat and spotter also. We will provide a safety boat and notify the appropriate authorities (coast guard etc.) as we did last year. We can assist in providing local escort boats if required.
If you are interested in participating in this event or know any other open water swimmers who may be interested please forward this link to them. Then drop us a quick e-mail to confirm your interest in participating.
It cost us about $100.00 per swimmer for relay teams of 3-4. Solo swimmers about $100.00 also, but this would not include the cost of the escort boat.
We can help organize relay teams if required.
For an account of this incredible swim – the same distance as the famed English Channel swim – from VOWSA’s very own Jim Close, please click here.
One of last year’s Salish Sea Swimmers
- Vancouver Beaches
- Swimming Canada
- Masters Swimming Association of BC
- Pacific Northwest Association of Masters Swimmers
- USMS Long Distance Calendar
- Fastlane swimming at Kits Pool with KC Emerson
- Sea Hiker
Sea Hiker is dedicated to helping you swim with confidence so you can swim better than ever.
Sea Hiker swim coaches break complex skills down into simple steps so that you can practice knowing you’re on the right track and see results quickly.
Courses are open to new swimmers, triathletes and water enthusiasts of all levels, from beginners to marathon swimmers. For new triathletes and open water swimmers, check out Sea Hiker’s popular 6-week Open Water Confidence course, starting in mid-June and again in early-August. There are also courses for more experienced swimmers wanting to hone their skills in open water and pools courses in the fall, winter and spring.
For over five years, Sea Hiker has helped swimmers of all abilities swim with ease and achieve their goals, both in the pool and open water.
Start swimming with confidence. Join us in the water today!