Welcome to the Vancouver Open Water Swim Association
The Vancouver Open Water Swim Association is a registered Society under the Society Act of the Province of British Columbia. We are dedicated to creating safe and enjoyable open water swim opportunities for people of all ages and abilities. We are an entirely volunteer-driven, non-profit organization and have operated and grown on that basis. And volunteers are always welcome!
- Practice swims for 2014 will begin Monday June 2nd and are held every Monday and Thursday* until August 28th (*No swims on Monday June 30 & Monday August 4).
- Registration for the 2014 season is now open. To register, click here.
- Register for a seasons pass before June 30th and receive a special “Treat of the Week” from Whole Foods Market Kitsilano every week all season long!
Enjoy the following benefits by registering for any of the events or signing up for the season pass for ocean swim practices:
- Get fit
- Meet new people
- Learn to improve your swimming for open water races or triathlons
- Enter to win gifts and prizes at any of the VOWSA races
Proceeds from the Open Water Swim Series support BC Special Olympics, and the Vancouver Lifeguard Association.
BC Special Olympics provides individuals with mental disabilities the opportunity to enhance their lives and celebrate personal achievement through positive sport experiences.
The VLA’s purpose is to raise public awareness of the needs of water safety, provide lifesaving and first aid training, offer lifeguard services for major public events and support sport competitions as a means of improving skills and abilities.
Connect with us
Want to start or keep receiving emails from us? Please confirm your email address to help us comply with the new anti-spam laws by opting-in to our mailing list!
|Like us on Facebook|
|See my photos on Flickr!|